Sunday, 6 November 2016

My Favourite Autumn/Winter Lipsticks

Hey Guys!
I know over the autumn/winter there's nothing I love more than wearing a dark lip or dark tones as I feel like it really completes an outfit and it makes me feel all wintery, which I love! I know you can get so many different dark shades now a days but I thought I would just share a few of my top picks with you guys.
All of these lipsticks are super long lasting and I find I can wear them almost all day without them coming off, I just top them up sometimes after eating as the inside does sometimes fade.
First up is Mac's Hot Tahiti which is a berry tone but it is quite sheer so it is really wearable and great for those who want to try a berry colour but don't feel ready to go as dark as most lipsticks. It is really creamy and feels moisturising on the lips which is great for in the winter if you get dry lips like me as I find matte colours sometimes dry the lips out.

Another of my favourites is Mac's Diva which is matte shade that is more of a dark red rather than a berry colour. It's coming across slightly darker on photos but in person it isn't as deep. Even though it is a matte colour, its quite a creamy matte and doesn't look as matte on the lips which I like as it's not too drying.

I featured this lip colour in my previous post with a full make up look to go with it as it is my go to colour at the minute. It's Nyx soft matte lip cream in Copenhagen which is similar to Mac's Diva but is slightly more purple toned and as it is more of a liquid lipstick, it sets more matte. You would think as it sets it would be drying but they're actually quite creamy and feel comfortable on the lips.

I also really love Nyx's lip lingerie in Teddy which is such a unique colour. It is quite a grey based brown with a slight white under tone to make it not as deep. It is a gorgeous colour but I find it does make your teeth look slightly yellow because of the white undertone. It is more matte than the lip creams and does dry completely which leave the lips slightly dry but not uncomfortable.

Finally, I would say this shade is my favourite Winter colour as it is darker than the others but it beautiful! It is Nars Lipstick in Liv which is a deep purple shade that again is quite matte but is similar to Diva in the fact it isn't completely matte and again is really creamy. This colour is amazing for a really vampy look or goes well with a simple makeup look and then a bold lip. Even though it is a super dark colour and purple can be a scary shade to wear, it is actually quite wearable.

And that is them all! I know all these colours are quite similar but they all have different tones and finishes to them which makes them unique. I have to say I love all these colours and the are definitely my favourites but you don't have to have all of them, you could pick a shade that suits your preference. If there's any other lipstick swatches you'd like me to do then just let me know as I also could do some more nude shades as I don't always go for dark lips or if you have any requests in general just tweet me!
Thankyou for reading..
Where to find me











Love Liv xxxx

  

2 comments:

  1. I love dark lip tones too! These all look great on you :)

    www.lauralouiseellis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just amazing aren't they, I feel like the complete a whole look! And ah thank you!! Xx

      Delete